Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Touched


On a dark night, kindled in love with yearnings - oh, happy chance! I went forth without being observed, my house being now at rest. In darkness and secure, by the secret ladder, disguised in darkness and concealment. In the happy night, in secret, when no one saw me, without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart. This light guided me more surely than the light of noonday to the place where he was awaiting me. A place where no one appeared. Oh, night that guided me, with light more lovely than the dawn, night that joined me Beloved with lover. Lover transformed in the Beloved.

Upon my flowery breast kept wholly for himself alone there he stayed sleeping, and I caressed him, and the fanning of the cedars made a breeze. The breeze blew from the turret as I parted his locks; with his gentle hand he touched me and caused all my senses to be suspended. I remained lost in oblivion, my face I reclined on the Beloved. All ceased and I abandoned myself, leaving my cares forgotten among the lilies...

This be the way and manner which the soul follows upon the road of the union of love...

I was touched by God

No comments: