Monday, October 09, 2006

I would have told you I love you
if we hadn't been saying goodbye
With the end always a breath away
it never seemed real to me
like vapors disappearing before my eyes
and even though you're gone today
there's a ghost lurking within my mind
I wanted you to know me
to make sense of a heart gone wrong
I wanted you to need me like I needed you
and to wash away the sins of thought and deed
You were too perfect to grasp
and too wonderful to touch
but now that you're gone
all I have are memories fading
and a ghost walking withing my mind
It's only now that you haunt me
on quiet, lonely nights
when the wind carries your name into my ears
leaving me adrift in a sea of regret and remorse
I can't face who I am
much less what I've become
just a wounded soul living in an broken heart
walking these empty halls
hoping to catch a glimpse
of the ghost stalking within my mind

No comments: